Weekly updates of results of Ladies, Men’s and Mixed/Open Social Bowls
Notices of up coming social bowls that are outside our normal social calendar.
Social Bowls – Weekly Activities
Please assist us by following a few simple rules:
- Team or single entries to be in by 12.00pm (noon)
- Green fees paid by 12.30pm
- Be in the Clubhouse at 12.45pm for announcements and calling of the cards
- If after nominating, circumstances prevent you from playing, you must notify the Games Organisers as soon as possible so that adjustments to the draw can be made
- Communicate with your team members and ensure that each team is nominated only once
Thanks heaps :). Your assistance in these matters will help ensure everything commences on time.
Sunday: Mixed/Open Pairs – 3rd Sunday of the month is open/mixed triples “Jackpot Sunday”
Monday: Mixed/Open Turkey pairs. 2 games x 11 ends. Accumulating jackpot – increases by $50 each week.
Tuesday: Ladies Social Bowls
Wednesday: Barefoot Bowls 6.00pm to 8.30pm – Excellent opportunity to have a roll and see if you would like to play
Thursday: Men’s Pairs – 2nd Thursday of the month is “Money Day” – up to $500 in prizes
Unless otherwise stated in the Club Calendar, all social games start at 1.00pm.
NOTE: As of June 1st and through the Winter months all social games will commence at 12.30pm
Weekly Bowls Results & News
WEEK ENDING 18TH APRIL
Monday 12th April Turkey Pairs: Winners P. Barker and B. Hearn; runners up G. Cahill and C. Hippisley. Winners First Game D. Fielding and D. Ivins; Winners Second Game R. Murdaca and R. Monk.
Thursday 15th April Men’s Pairs: Winners D. Harrison and J. Hillier; runners up R. Murdaca and V. Sauer; second runners up B. Burgess and A. Poke; Sportsman’s D. Fielding and D. Raggart; Second Sportsman’s J. Reitzenstein and P. Sexton.
Sunday 18th April Mixed Pairs: Winners J. Emery and D. Jankovic; runners up R. Murdaca and W. Barnett; Sportsman’s Jess Cannon and Walter Horn.
DISTRICT & CLUB COMPETITION RESULTS
District Mixed Pairs Final: Bargara’s S. Kington and A. Powell d Moore Park’s T. Adams and J. Connell.
Ladies’ District Singles Final: J. Hearn d S. Kington in a very close game.
Men’s Championship Pairs Final: R. Tonkin and G. Kington d R. Monk and P. Pitt by one shot in a very close game.
Saturday 24th April: First Round of the Men’s Championship Singles.
Sunday 25th April (1pm Start): ANZAC DAY – $500 Mixed Triples.
Don’t forget the Covid Rules: Swipe in/Sign in on arrival and Swipe out/Sign out on leaving, including rollups.
Social Games To Put In Your Diary
Watch this space for upcoming special social bowls events
Social Bowls Monthly Events
- Prize Money: 70% of Green Fees up to a total of $500
- Winners and Runners up based on Margins
- All remaining prize money is by lucky winner/loser rink draw
Jackpot Sunday – Mixed/Open Triples – 3rd Sunday each Month
- Prize Money: $300
- Jackpot: If not won increases by $100 per week
- When Jackpot reaches $1000: Continuous draw until Jackpot is won